Although safety and compliance training take time, it's necessary to stay up to date with latest scientific findings and regulatory requirements for your industry. By learning from the experts who have the time to keep up, your managers, safety technicians and engineers can make certain you stay up with the latest findings.
For your convenience, we're listing some of the top health safety conferences scheduled for the 2nd half of 2016.
1. IAQ 2016, Indoor Air Quality Conference
Conference Dates: September 12 through 14, 2016.
Location: Alexandria, VA
Overview: Co-sponsored by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers and the Air Filtration and Ventilation Centre. It's intended to focus on defining indoor air quality: "Policy, Standards and Best Practices."
* Keynote speakers
* Peer-reviewed papers
* Workshops and panel discussions
* Current indoor air quality standards, policies and best practices.
2. OSHA Safety Training Courses
Conference Dates: Many courses held on various dates
Locations: Many cities in the United States
Overview: When it comes to health and safety regulatory requirements, the best source of information to make certain you remain compliant is the regulatory agency itself. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration puts on many trainings on many subjects and in many locations. Go to the link and run through the schedule to find a subject that relates to your industry. It will also tell you the location and the cost of the course.
* OSHA Standards for the Maritime Industry
* Fall Protection
* Bloodborne Pathogens
* Safety Inspection Techniques
* Electrical Standards
3. National Safety Council Expo & Congress
Conference Dates: October 15 through 21, 2016
Location: Anaheim, CA
Overview: The National Safety Council has been the world's leading advocate for safety for over 100 years. A nonprofit organization, it has conducted large amounts of research and training to encourage safety at home, in communities and on the job. It relies on the safety data, and focuses its efforts where they will have the most effect to prevent accidental deaths, including workplace safety.
The National Safety Council also partners with organizations that represent the interests of specific industries. One example is that the Metals Service Center Institute Safety Conference is putting on their event during two of the days in this week, at the same hotel. It's intended just for safety professionals in the metals industry, but you may find similar groups for your profession that are also meeting in Anaheim that week.
* Terry Bradshaw, NFL analyst delivers session keynote address
* Largest safety industry event in the world
* A wide variety of educational sessions, workshops, panels, Technical Sessions, Learning Labs and Professional Development Seminars every day
* Thousands of exhibitors with the latest health and safety products and programs
* Meet and network with 14,000 other attendees
4. Utility Safety Conference and Expo
Conference Dates: November 1 through 3, 2016
Location: Glendale, AZ
Overview: This conference is for utility operations and safety professionals. It draws attendees from gas and electric utility companies, telecommunications and cable providers, and people who serve those businesses.
* 90 hours of education, including interactive learning and roundtable discussions
* Over 50 exhibitors serving the utility safety industry
* Seminars on the latest utility health and safety compliance issues
5. Metals Service Center Institute Safety Conference
Conference Dates: October 19 through 20, 2016
Location: Anaheim, CA
Overview: MSCI is putting it on along with the National Safety Council, so you can attend both events. 96 percent of last year's attendees said they wanted to return. 97 percent of attendees said it met their expectations.
* Keynote address by David Jones of Ogletree Deakins: "OSHA and Metals Companies. What's Hot Now?"
* Attend the entire National Safety Council Expo & Congress for just $75 additional
* Four in-depth breakout sessions
* Many opportunities to network with your peers
* Volume discounts for safety teams
To learn more about how Wise Businessware can help you stay safe and compliant in-between safety training conferences, contact us today.